Sep 3, 2010

Stealing ideas again


My inspiration book is full of drawings of designs that catch my fancy. It can be from a shop window, a catalogue, books, a film.. (as if I had time to go to the cinema). Anything I like I log it in my book so that I can reproduce it later when the right pattern and right fabric arrive miraculously at my door.

The sweet little dress at the top was from a shop window and is by Chloe. At the time I didn't have a million euros to splash on it, so as the situation remains the same, it is high on my list of winter dresses for my girls.

But the dress that I have always wanted to make is the super cute sailor dress found in a vintage shop on etsy. Unfortunately I can't recall which one, but I remember it was a vintage dress. I will make it in linen with a pique collar. It should be easy to draft the pattern and put together but I'm leaving it for next summer as I'm done for this year on summery clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...